Kendall Yards Osprey brings home breakfast | Urban Wildlife
While everyone was on their morning commute, a pair of Osprey were busy acquiring their breakfast Wednesday morning. Rika Reams spotted the pair at their Kendall Yards perch and photographed them as the male came in for a landing.
Reams says she spotted the same male the other day at Manito Park. She believes the gold fish in the photographcame from the park's Japanese Garden known for its collection of pond Koi.
Either that it came from somebody's large backyard pond. Check your ponds, you might be missing a fish.
James Evans with Greenstone Homes says the pole was built a few years ago for Osprey nesting. Even with construction in the Kendall Yards area, it remains. He says it "comes with the land."
Share: See a great shot of Spokane wildlife? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and share the story behind it.
Upcoming Events near North - West Spokane
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spokane looks to change how Municipal Code looks at gender identity
- Brush up on traffic safety prior to Bike to Work week
- Greater Spokane Incorporated hires new leader
- Spokane City Council sends letter to County Prosecutor about timely investigations
- Civic Theatre invites community to join Torchlight Parade