Suspicious house fire under investigation | News
The Spokane Fire Department is investigating a suspicious early morning house fire at 2211 East Euclid Ave.
Ten fire crews responded to the house fire after neighbors reported smoke coming from the residence. The fire started in the back of the home; the house was unoccupied and the front door was locked but someone may have illegally gained entry to the home through the back door.
The large response to the fire was due to the fact that there were other buildings nearby and heavy vegetation close to the home, so the fire department didn't want to take any chances in getting the fire quickly under control.
Neighbors say no one has lived in the house for five months though they said the owner would sometimes mow the grass. The fire is being called an incendiary fire, which means it might have been started by someone.
An investigation will determine whether the fire was an accident or arson
Euclid Ave. was closed for about an hour from Stone to Lee while fire crews worked to extinguish the fire.
Upcoming Events near North - West Spokane
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputy under investigation for taking second job while on duty
- Sheriff's Office seeks youth for Explorers program
- Proposed bill could mean headache for medical marijuana dispensaries and patients
- Citizen's Academy addresses Officer Involved Shootings
- Prolific crime fighter retires to play fetch, take naps