Spokane woman given badge for catching intruder | News
Spokane police gave a 63-year-old woman a junior police badge for holding an intruder at gunpoint after he smashed his way into her home.
Friends told The Spokesman-Review that Sandra Mize is soft spoken with a friendly laugh, but they wouldn't cross the grandmother of 10.
Mize keeps a gun by her bed and hadn't fired it in 30 years until early Wednesday when she found Sean Denny in her home. She fired one shot that missed.
Denny sat down and waited while Mize called police, although he fought with officers who arrived and arrested him.
Upcoming Events near North - West Spokane
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spokane looks to change how Municipal Code looks at gender identity
- Brush up on traffic safety prior to Bike to Work week
- Greater Spokane Incorporated hires new leader
- Spokane City Council sends letter to County Prosecutor about timely investigations
- Civic Theatre invites community to join Torchlight Parade