Spokane community centers hosting open house and tour | Community Spirit
The Spokane Youth and Senior Centers Association is holding a group open house tour of the nine youth and senior centers in Spokane. Community members are invited to stop by any and all of the centers on Wednesday evening to learn more about the activities and programs they offer.
SYSCA has five senior centers, three community centers and one youth center as well as operating Project Joy, and entertainment group comprised of citizens 50 and over that provides entertainment for care centers and retirement complexes. Each location will be providing tours, slide shows, games and information about center activities.
Visitors can pick up a passport at each location and have it stamped. Each stamp will enter you to win the grand door prize, a golden sapphire gem. Each center will draw a name to be entered in the final drawing. The tour is on Wednesday, October 9th, from 3pm-8pm.
Hosting Centers Include:
- Corbin Senior Activity Center, 827 West Cleveland / 509-327-1584
- East Central Community Center, 500 South Stone Street / 509-625-6699
- Hillyard Senior Center, 4001 North Cook Street /509-482-0803
- Mid-City Concerns Senior Center, 1222 West 2nd Avenue /509-747-3257
- Northeast Youth Center, 3004 East Queen Avenue / 509-482-0708
- Peaceful Valley Community Center, 214 North Cedar Street / 509-624-8634
- Project Joy, 3151 East 27th Avenue / 509-535-0584
- Sinto Senior Activity Center, 1124 West Sinto Avenue/ 509-327-2861
- Southside Senior & Community Center, 3151 East 27th Avenue / 509-535-0803
- West Cental Community Center, 1603 North Belt Street/ 509-326-9540